New Attractions in the Smokies
Summer season is upon us again and we’re very excited to get to welcome so many visitors back to our beautiful area! This is the time of year when most families are finally able to go on their annual vacation now that the kids are out of school. Are you ready to get the rest and relaxation that you’ve been craving after a busy few months? The mountains are one of the best places to visit, there’s just something so peaceful and rejuvenating about our area. We’re sure you’re also looking for non stop excitement and entertainment, am I right?! Don’t worry, we have you covered there as well! All that’s left is finding an affordable, clean, and comfortable place for everyone to rest up at after a fun filled day. When you stay with us at Bear Crossing, Big Bear Resort, Cedar Lodge, and Whispering Pines, we offer one to four bedroom luxury condos that come complete with a private balcony overlooking the city, mountains, river, or a secluded nature area behind the condos. Each property has their own set of amenities for everyone to enjoy during your trip. As a thank you for booking with us, you also receive FREE TICKETS to numerous shows and attractions in town, as well as a free dinner at Mama’s Farmhouse! The Smokies are constantly changing, growing, and adding brand new things and that’s why so many visitors come to see us every year, each getaway offers something new to do. Let’s take a look at some New Attractions in the Smokies that you all may want to visit during your vacation this summer!
- Pigeon Forge Snow – Are you ready to experience winter and hit the slopes during your summer vacation? This brand new exciting attraction offers indoor snow tubing all year long! This is America’s first indoor snow park, so get ready for a one of a kind experience that is sure to be a blast from the second you walk inside. We all need a way to beat the heat and this is just the place to do so. Don’t worry, even if you have some younger ones with you, there is still something for everyone to do. They have a Snow Play area so the entire family can build a snowman, make snow angels, or even have a little friendly snowball fight! It’s 100% real snow and is made out of water with no additives whatsoever. You don’t even have to dress for winter, they keep the building at a comfortable temperature between 60-70 degrees. You won’t want to miss trying out this amazing new spot when you’re in town!
- Paula Deen’s Lumberjack Feud Show and Adventure – It’s time to welcome back the jacks! This brand new show is expected to open this summer and is sure to be a good time from beginning to end. Featuring 11 different world class lumberjack events, you will get to see axe throwing, chopping, sawing, speed climbing, logrolling, and many more competitions right before your eyes. They will even offer audience interactive experiences that you and the family will never forget, especially if one of you are chosen to participate. Want to feel like a lumberjack yourself? There will be a new adventure park where you all can compete in simulated events like you saw during the show like the speed climb and log roll. There’s also a zipline roller coaster, 80-foot jump tower, and even a playground for the kiddos! We hope you’re all as excited as we are to find out when they’re finally going to open their doors to the public. We’ll keep you all updated!
- Anakeesta – Although this attraction isn’t necessarily new, they did have a huge expansion take place this Spring, so they have a bunch of new things that are now open for us all to enjoy! Are you ready to experience the magic in the mountains? Climb aboard their specialty designed chondola and get ready for a beautiful trip to the top of the mountain. Once you’ve arrived, you’ll have so many exciting activities calling your name. They have a tree canopy walk, dueling ziplines, treehouse village playhouse, gem mining, and a brand new mountain coaster! They have added a memorial forest walk to honor the victims and those affected by the devastating wildfires and the brave men and women who fought those fires. There’s also a Vistas Gardens walk where you can see some beautiful flowers and plants and even see a cascading stream. It’s the ultimate relaxation spot which we all need during our trip. Coming soon, they will have a Cliff Top Grill and Bar that will come complete with some of the best dining views you can find. You will love getting to spend a day here and see some of the best mountain views in the Smokies!
- Ober Gatlinburg – This attraction has also been around for a long time, but they’ve added a couple new things for us all to take advantage of this summer. They have just recently added Ice Bumper Cars. Get ready to spin and zoom around the ice rink while bumping into everyone along your way! We are sure that you all will have a smile on your face from beginning to end. It’s a perfect and fun new way to beat the summer heat. They’ve also added a huge Rock Wall. Prepare to race against your family and see who can reach the top first! Who’s going to be victorious? We’ll have to wait and see. They will also be introducing their very first Saturdays in the Summer event where you can see live music every Saturday evening at their restaurant. You will get to dine with a view while enjoying some music from great artists like Mike Snodgrass and Davis Mitchell! We can’t wait to check out these new attractions this summer.
- Dollywood – This family friendly amusement park will also be adding a ton of new things this summer. They’ve dubbed 2018 as the “Season of Showstoppers” and will provide world class entertainment for us all to enjoy especially during our summer vacation. You will get to see America’s Got Talent finalists iLuminate dazzle us with glow in the dark costumes and mesmerizing dance routines and illusions. They’ve also added some brand new rides like Daredevil Falls and the Mountain Slidewinder. They have a brand new venue called the Plaza at Wilderness Pass which will be located between the FireChaser Express and Mystery Mine coasters to accommodate all the new entertainment. This is a big year for the Dollywood Company and we can’t wait for you all to visit this beloved park and see all the new and exciting additions!
We hope you enjoyed this insider’s look at some New Attractions in the Smokies! We love that we’re always constantly expanding and getting to add new additions for you and the family to enjoy. Every year you are able to make new and unique memories with the family that you all will remember for a lifetime. That’s what makes this area so special and it’s why visitors have been coming back to see us for so many years. So what are you waiting for? Book Your Smokies Summer Vacation now or give us a call at 1.800.429.4361 and one of our friendly reservationists would be happy to assist you with finding the perfect condo for your stay. Come and join our family here at Resort Properties, we would love to have you! Don’t forget to let us know about your thoughts on these New Attractions in the Smokies.