October Events in the Smokies
While on Vacation this Fall, Enjoy these October Events in the Smokies
Another month has almost flown by and soon it’ll be time to welcome back one of the most action packed months of the year here in the Smokie. You may think July is busy, but you haven’t seen anything if you haven’t visited our area during during the Autumn. The yellows, reds, and oranges will be dancing around our town from top to bottom and all the decor is sure to put you into the spirit. Have you already started decorating your house? I know I have and I bet it looks boo-tiful! You cannot beat the beautiful views you’ll get to see in the Smokies and that’s why visitors from all over the world come at this time…and to enjoy the many wonderful October Events in the Smokies! Being born and raised in Florida, I never got to experience and enjoy this season to its full potential. I have never seen anything as gorgeous as the leaves changing colors everywhere you look and the cool and crisp air is the best. I can see what makes this place so desired especially in this upcoming month. It’s all about the simple things. The Fall months are some of the most popular times of the year to visit and it’s for good reason. October is always full of some amazing events that really help bring the harvest and Halloween spirit to life. We have a Fall Craftsmen’s Fair, Dollywood’s Harvest Festival, Oktoberfest, Wears Valley Fall Fest, Halloween Trick or Treating events, and much more! Let’s take a closer look at our fantastic October Events in the Smokies that are sure to make you want to hit that book my vacation now button!
- Fall Craftsmen’s Fair – Gatlinburg will be hosting its annual Fall Craftsmen’s Fair at their Convention Center located just past traffic light #8 from October 4th through the 21st. Local artisans will be meeting here to show us all their unique and special skills and crafts. The fair will feature over 150 booths full of one of a kind handmade pieces including jewelry, pottery, woodwork, and so much more. You’ll even get to see some demonstrations! The talent that these artisans possess is truly incredible and you are sure to want to leave with a bunch of individual pieces that will have everyone asking where you get them from. There will also be complementary live bluegrass and country music performances each day of the week at different times, so make sure to stop by, you’re bound to have a great time at this event!
- Dollywood’s Harvest Festival – This is one of our personal favorite festivals that go on during the Fall. It isn’t a Pigeon Forge vacation if you don’t visit the park that really helped to put us on the map. From September 28th through November 3rd, the park will turn into our very own harvest wonderland. They will have free southern gospel performances, pumpkin inspired food options, artisans from all over the world showing off their unique crafts, harvest decor throughout the park, and best of all, there will be the Great Pumpkin LumiNights event! There will be thousands of illuminated and individually crafted jack-o-lanterns all throughout the park. This spooktacular event will also include a glow in the dark maze, not-so-spooky character meet and greets, glow in the dark face painting, pumpkin carving demos, whimsical scenes, and more! Make sure to visit the Timber Canyon part of the park later at night to see all the colors come to life.
- Oktoberfest – Join the staff at Ober Gatlinburg for their annual Oktoberfest event beginning on September 21st through October 28th. There will be a full Bavarian inspired menu at their Seasons of Ober restaurant, complimentary indoor and outdoor musical entertainment, a Bier Garten for beer sampling, and more. This is one of the most popular Fall events in Gatlinburg and it’s one you won’t want to miss! This is also an indoor and outdoor amusement park so there are plenty of things to do like a mountain coaster, scenic chairlift, ice bumper boats, and more. This is one of the most popular October Events in the Smokies-be sure to check it out!
- Wears Valley Fall Fest – Wears Valley is another beautiful area here in town that is a must visit during any Smoky Mountain getaway. From October 19th through the 21st, you can visit this fantastic festival they will be putting on to help celebrate the new season. It will be open from 10 am to 6 pm on Friday and Saturday and 10 am – 4 pm on Sunday and will be located at 3179 Wears Valley Road. Tickets can range anywhere from $3-$15 so you can check out their ticket info here. There will be crafts, free kid activities, entertainment featuring gospel, country, and folk music, delicious food, and plenty more. Make sure to add this one to your list!
- Chocolate Wine Trail – Here’s one for the adults that are 21 years of age or older! If you visit Mountain Valley Winery, Hillside Winery, or Sugarland Cellars Winery, you will be treated to a glass of wine paired with delicious homemade desserts. Prices are subject to change, so make sure to check out the website and see what works best for you! The event itself will take place on October 27th from 11 am until 8 pm.
- Sevier County Spooktacular Happy Halloween – The Sevier County Sheriff’s Office will be providing residents and visitors with a safe place for their children to do some trick or treating. Join us on October 31st from 5-9 pm at the Main Jail Facility in downtown Sevierville for free halloween fun where the kiddos can actually go around and gather candy with local police, firefighters, emts and more. This has always been a big hit and if you are wanting a place to trick or treat at, this should definitely be on your list!
- Gatlinburg’s Trick or Treat Kickoff Karnival – From 1 to 5 pm, visitors and residents alike are welcome to come to Gatlinburg for some fantastic family Halloween fun. There will be contests, costume characters, a pumpkin contest, trick or treating, and more spooktacular fun. The Gatlinburg police and fire department will be there helping to maintain a safe spot for everyone to enjoy some ghoulish shenanigans. All along the parkway, businesses and restaurants alike will be handing out free candy. It’s like a Halloween block party! Make sure to come on over, you’re in for one witchy time!
We hope you enjoyed this insider’s look at some of our exciting October Events in the Smokies! There is so much going on no matter where you go that you’re sure to have one truly memorable getaway to the Smokies. The Fall foliage will be enough to take your breath away and then you get to throw in some entertainment at every corner. Now all you need is to find a clean and comfortable place to rest your head out. How about you give us a try? When you stay with us at Bear Crossing, Big Bear Resort, Cedar Lodge, or Whispering Pines, we offer one to four bedroom affordable luxury condos that come complete with a private balcony that overlooks either the city, mountains, nature, or the little pigeon river. As a thank you for booking with us, you’ll also receive FREE TICKETS to numerous shows and attractions in the area, saving you $275 a day. So what are you waiting for? Book Your Pigeon Forge Fall Vacation now or give us a call at 1.800.429.4361 and one of our friendly reservationists would love to assist you with finding the perfect condo for your stay. Come and join our family here at Resort Properties, we would love to have you! Don’t forget to let us know what you think about these fantastic October Events in the Smokies, we love hearing your feedback.