Can you believe that it’s already almost time for Fall to begin? Where is the time going? It feels like every year flies by even faster than the last. As much as we all love Summer, there’s just something about the Fall that gets us into that harvest spirit early. September is a big month here in the Smokies and it’s a very popular time for people to come and visit us. Nothing beats getting to visit a destination that is full of plenty of attractions, restaurants, shops, and shows for the entire family to enjoy. Add in some special events every month and you’re guaranteed to have an unforgettable time when you visit our charming area! We know that another important part of planning the perfect trip is finding a clean and comfortable place to stay at that can accommodate the whole family. Have you ever stayed in a condo before? We definitely think you should give us a try, you may never want to stay anywhere else again! When you Vacation Better with us at Bear Crossing, Big Bear Resort, Cedar Lodge, and Whispering Pines, we offer beautiful one to four bedroom luxury condos that come complete with a private balcony overlooking either the city, nature, mountains, or the little pigeon river. As a thank you for booking with us, you also receive FREE TICKETS to numerous shows and attractions in the area, as well as a free dinner at Mama’s Farmhouse, saving you $275 a day! As we mentioned above, September is a great time of year to visit. Not only do we have Labor Day but we also have plenty of exciting things going on. Let’s take a look at some of our September Events in the Smokies!
- Pentecostal Fellowship Annual Summit – The Leconte Center will be hosting this special event again this year and it will be featuring inspirational speakers. There will also be a ladies ministry series for all the female attendees and a kingdom kids conference that will be held with every service during the spiritual event. Get ready to celebrate your faith with your fellow guests and these fantastic speakers, we know this event has become so special for so many visitors.
- Shades of the Past – It’s time to welcome one of the biggest events in Pigeon Forge back for another incredible year. You may never see town as packed as you do during the second and third week of September. This event will begin on the 6th and ends on the 8th. If you’re a fan of old vintage cars, rods, and even the new classics, this is just the place for you. These beautiful cars will line up along the parkway for everyone to cruise by and take a peek. Also, if you’re looking into buying one of them or even doing a trade, this is exactly where you’ll want to be. The actual event will be held at Dollywood’s Splash Country. The grand prize this year will be a ‘32 Ford Hi-Boy Roadster and the second prize is a check for $10,000! Come and join us for one truly exciting event.
- Fall Rod Run – The following weekend, from the 13th through the 15th, we have the largest car show of the year! The Fall Rod Run is one of the most popular events we hold here in town and is sure to be one you won’t want to miss out on. You will see it all here, from the classics to the newer models and everything else in between. Buy, sale, and trading goes on and maybe you’ll get to leave with the car of your dreams! The actual event itself will be held at the Leconte Center. There’s a huge swap meet as well as a $10,000 cash giveaway. They will also have the Top 25 Awards and Ultimate 5 Awards. Make sure to add this to your list if you’re a huge car enthusiast, you won’t regret it!
- Taste of Autumn – Are you ready to welcome Fall back into town? The best way to do so is by checking out this special event in Gatlinburg at the Convention Center on Thursday, the 15th from 5 pm to 8 pm. It will be filled with signature dishes from some of the surrounding restaurants as well as exciting entertainment.Children 5 and under get free admission then it’s $30 per ticket for everyone else. Get ready for a night of Fall festivities, we love this season!
- Oktoberfest at Ober Gatlinburg – Beginning on September 21st and ending on October 28th, Ober Gatlinburg will be putting on their annual Bavarian Festival. You will find beer tasting events as well as a show (up to 4 a day depending on the day) at their Seasons of Ober restaurant. They will also have outdoor entertainment throughout the day. The menu will be featuring Bavarian classics like chicken or pork schnitzel and brat ‘n kraut balls (so good!) The outfits alone will be enough to get you in the spirit and we’re sure this will become one of your new favorite Fall events!
- Old Mill Heritage Day – Join us at the Old Mill in Pigeon Forge on September 22nd from 10 am – 6 pm for this special annual event. There will be music and entertainment, crafts and demos, and even a kids zone. They will also have a free guided tour of the Old Mill which you won’t want to miss out on. This event is completely free and you will absolutely love getting to hear about the Appalachian history and our culture.
- National Quartet Convention – This is another huge event that is held here in Pigeon Forge at the Leconte Center. This is one of the largest Gospel gatherings you will find around and they will be visiting us from September 23rd through the 29th. If you’re a fan of southern gospel music then this is just the place for you! There will be an endless array of musicians performing that will have you tapping your feet and singing along. There’s afternoon and evening showcase spectaculars. Get ready to spread the love of this special music with the tens of thousands of fans from all over the world that attend this event each year. It’s sure to be one you’ll never forget!
We hope you enjoyed this insider’s look at some exciting September Events in the Smokies! September is a big month for us here and it will be filled with non stop entertainment throughout the month. Dollywood will also start their Harvest Festival, but we’ll have more information about that in our next blog so stay tuned! There’s no better way to welcome back the fall then to visit us in beautiful Pigeon Forge. So what are you waiting for? Book Your September Vacation now or give us a call at 1.800.429.4361 and one of our friendly reservationists would be happy to assist you with finding the perfect condo for your stay. Come and join our family here at Resort Properties, we would love to have you! Don’t forget to let us know what you think about these fantastic September Events in the Smokies, we love hearing your feedback.